CAKE STAND HIRE
We offer cake stand hire. A hire fee plus a security deposit is required in advance. We have a selection of stands and will provide the stand best suited to the cake. It is the Buyer’s responsibility to return the cake stand/s after hire to our Studio address within 3 days (on a working day).The deposit will not be refunded in the event that the stand/s is/are damaged, or returned after 3 days. We are not liable for any damages that occur to the cake stand before we receive it back. Once the stand is returned within the given timeframe and we are satisfied that it is not damaged we will issue a refund to the Buyer.
In the unlikely event that your order arrives damaged, it is the customer’s responsibility to report the damage to us within 48 hours and send photographic evidence of the damage within 7 working days if you wish to claim a refund or replacement. The Seller will not take back any undamaged goods from the Buyer unless agreed in writing by the Seller. The Seller accepts no liability for cakes that are damaged after they have been delivered to the agreed location. For cakes delivered to venues, the Seller requires a signed delivery note by the person in charge to say that the cake has arrived and that it arrived in perfect condition. Cakes collected requires a signed delivery note by the person in charge to say that the cake has arrived and that it arrived in perfect condition. Damages after this point are
wedding cakes are fragile and require care and attention when handling, storing, and displaying. Please pay careful attention to our storage and transportation (where relevant) instructions that will be provided with the cake. Where samples of the Goods are shown to the Buyer, the Buyer hereby accepts that they consider such samples to be representative of the Goods. Any description applied to the Goods is only given by way of identification and does not constitute a sale by description. Any image provided as part of the description of similar goods is given for illustrative purposes only. Given the nature of the goods, minor variations of colour and design may apply.
ALLERGIES AND SPECIAL DIETARY REQUIREMENTS
Please discuss any allergies or special dietary requirements with us before making payment. We offer various dietary options, however, our products may not be suitable for those with certain allergies as our kitchen does handle wheat and nuts.
DELIVERY AND COLLECTION
We cannot be held liable for any damages to the cake or products we have delivered once we have delivered or delivered and set up the cake at the venue or delivery location and received a signature for the safe receipt of the goods on our delivery note (we will deliver with a delivery note). If the cake or products are collected from us, we cannot be held liable for any damages to the cake or products once they have left our premises. The collection vehicle should have a flat surface and be clean and tidy. This is the responsibility of the Buyer. The cake or products can be very fragile so we advise to drive very slowly and carefully and purchase non-slip matting. We will always endeavour to deliver within the given time slot, however unfortunately delivery timings can not be guaranteed.Refunds will not be given for delayed deliveries. If in the unlikely event the delivery is delayed, we will always endeavour to deliver the cake to you as close as possible to the given delivery time
2) For the purpose of the DPA and GDPR we are the data controller and any enquiry regarding the collection or processing of your data should be addressed to Brand Manager at our address 93 Lozells Road, Lozells, Birmingham. B19 2TR.
3) By using the Website you consent to this policy. We are registered with the Information Commissioner’s Office for this purpose.
Information we collect
4) We will collect personal data on this Website only if it is directly provided to us by you the user, e.g. your e-mail address, name, home or work address and telephone number, and therefore has been provided by you with your consent. Normally you will only provide such details if you wish to sign up for our free e-newsletter or other resources, or are making a purchase from us.
5) We also use analytical and statistical tools that monitor details of your visits to our website and the resources that you access, including, but not limited to, traffic data, location data, weblogs and other communication data (but this data will not identify you personally).
6) Your payment information (e.g. credit card details) provided when you make a purchase from our website is not received or stored by us. That information is processed securely and privately by the third party payment processors that we use. Bismillah Bakery will not have access to that information at any time. We may share your personal data with our payment processors, but only for the purpose of completing the relevant payment transaction. Such payment processors are banned from using your personal data, except to provide these necessary payment services to us, and they are required to maintain the confidentiality of your personal data and payment information.
Use of your information
7) We may hold and process personal data that you provide to us in accordance with the DPA and GDPR.
8) The information that we collect and store relating to you is primarily used to enable us to provide our services to you, and to meet our contractual commitments to you. In addition, we may use the information for the following purposes:
8.1 To notify you about any changes to our website, such as improvements or service/product changes, that may affect our service;
8.2 If you are an existing customer, we may contact you with information about goods and services similar to those that were the subject of a previous sale to you;
8.3 Where you have consented to receive our e-newsletters, from time to time to provide that to you.
8.4 All photos sent to any of our shops are only held for the duration of the order and are deleted straight after to comply with GDPR.
Disclosure of your information
9) We may disclose your information to regulatory bodies to enable us to comply with the law and to assist fraud protection and minimise credit risk.
10) Please be advised that we do not reveal information about identifiable individuals to our advertisers but we may, on occasion, provide them with aggregate statistical information about our visitors.
Controlling the use of your data
11) If you have given us consent to use your data for a particular purpose you can revoke or vary that consent at any time. If you do not want us to use your data or want to vary the consent that you have provided you can write to us at the address detailed in clause 2 or email us at email@example.com any time.
Where we store and transfer your data
12) We do not use or disclose sensitive personal data, such as race, religion, or political affiliations, without your explicit consent.
14) Otherwise, we will process, disclose or share your personal data only if required to do so by law or in the good faith belief that such action is necessary to comply with legal requirements or legal process served on us or the website.
15) You have the right to opt out of our processing your personal data for marketing purposes at any time by contacting us at Info@bbakery.co.uk Or by logging into your account and updating your details online
16) The transmission of information via the Internet or email is not completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect your personal data, we cannot guarantee the security of data while you are transmitting it to our site; any such transmission is at your own risk. Once we have received your personal data, we will use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorised access.
17) Where we have given you (or where you have chosen) a password so that you can access certain parts of our site, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. You should choose a password it is not easy for someone to guess.
Third party links
18) You might find links to third party websites on our website. We do not accept any responsibility or liability for their policies whatsoever as we have no control over them.
Cookie name: _gcl_au Cookie purpose: These cookies are used by Google to improve and measure the website actions taken by a site visitor. Cookies may be used to show advertising within Paid Search, Display and Video platforms subsequent to the website visit. When are cookies set on a visitor’s device? On initial visit to the website. Expiry time of cookie: 90 days
20) The DPA and GDPR give you the right to access information held about you by us. Please write to us or contact us by email if you wish to request confirmation of what personal information we hold relating to you. You can write to us at the address detailed in clause 2, above, or by email to firstname.lastname@example.org. There is no charge for requesting that we provide you with details of the personal data that we hold. We will provide this information within one month of your requesting the data.
21) You have the right to change the permissions that you have given us in relation to how we may use your data. You also have the right to request that we cease using your data or that we delete all personal data records that we hold relating to you. You can exercise these rights at any time by writing to us at the address detailed in clause 2, above, or by email to Info@bbakery.co.uk
Changes to this policy
22) We may update these policies to reflect changes to the website and customer feedback. Please regularly review these policies to be informed of how we are protecting your personal data.